Folders are an excellent way to organize a list of pages. This feature allows you to group similar pages under a single heading making easier for visitors to navigate your website.
When a visitor clicks the folder name from the homepage, the folder expands and reveals a list of the pages included inside of it. You can even include a folder inside another folder (see the subfolders help article for more information).
As an example, you might create a folder named "Community Documents" and insert pages for meeting minutes, financial reports, and governing documents. Or you could create a folder named "Photo Galleries" and add multiple photo gallery pages, each for a separate event. Folders are very flexible! To create a folder, follow the steps below in our step-by-step guide.
Note: If pages do not exist inside of a folder, the folder will not appear on the homepage. Once a page has been moved inside of the folder, it will appear on the homepage.
1. Visit the Admin Control Panel and click on the "Pages" section.
2. In here, select the "Add folder" button from the options listed at the top of the page.
3. Enter a name for the folder (i.e. Documents, Photos, Links), then click the blue "Add" button.
4. After creating a new folder, scroll to the bottom of the page list. This is where you will find the newly created folder.
5. Move the folder where you would like to see it displayed amongst the pages. This is also where visitors will find it on the homepage. To do this, click and drag the arrow in the "Order" column either up or down. You will want to move the folder above the pages you would like to move inside of it.
6. Move pages inside the folder by clicking on the right-hand arrow icon under the "Move" column. All pages moved into a folder will be indented within the page list and will be numbered in accordance with the parent folder (eg. 1.1, 1.2).
By clicking on the left-hand arrow icon in the "Move" column, this will remove the page from the folder and place it as a standalone page once again.
Below is an example of how this will show up in your sidebar menu on your website:
Add a page and place it inside of an existing folder at the same time
1. While creating a new page in your "Pages" section, scroll to the bottom and select from the available folders in the drop-down menu found in the "Place this page in a folder..." section. The list of folders in the drop-down menu will consist of all folders previously created.
2. Once you've selected the folder that you would like your new page to be added to, click the blue "Add" button (shown below).
Restricting pages in a folder: You can easily restrict who can see the pages you place in a folder. To do this, follow instructions outlined here: Restricting a page.