Adding videos to pages
Videos need special technology to play them back online, so we recommend uploading them to a free service like YouTube to host and play videos. However, you do have the option of either adding a link that will redirect your visitors to a separate website where the video can be played, or embedding a video player from another website within the page text to play directly from your website. Here's how to do both:
Adding a Link to the text of a page:
1. Copy the URL of the website where the video can be played.
2. Visit the page on your community website that you would like to add the link (the copied URL) to.
3. Click the blue "Edit text" button.
4. Click the "link" icon.
5. In the "URL" field, paste the URL that you copied from the source of the video.
6. In the "Text to display" field, enter the text you would like to display to tell visitors what the video is for.
7. If, when clicked, you would like the video to open in the same window as your community website, select "None" from the "Target" drop-down. If, when clicked, you would like the video to open in a separate window/tab, select "New window" from the drop-down.
8. Click Ok. Finish entering the rest of the text (if applicable) and click Save when finished.
Embedding a YouTube video to play directly from your community website:
1. Go to the source/website of the video you would like to embed. Note: Be sure you are on the page where the video is playing.
2. Click "Share".
3. Click "EMBED".
4. There are several options you can choose from the "EMBED OPTIONS" menu. When finished, click "COPY".
5. Visit the page on your community website that you would like to add the link (the copied URL) to.
6. Click the blue "Edit text" button.
7. Click "Tools" from the menu bar. Click "<> Source code".
8. Paste the source code. Click "Ok," and enjoy viewing your video(s) directly from your website!