A brief summary of current weather information can be displayed on the homepage, in the top right corner of the banner photo. The information will include the current condition description, the current temperature, and the humidity percentage. The temperature is displayed in Fahrenheit or Celsius based on your website's units of measurement setting.
How to enable
To enable weather on your homepage, follow these steps:
- Visit your community's homepage while logged into an administrative account
- Click the blue "Modify settings" button
- Check the "Show the current weather" check box
- Click the blue "Save" button
By default, the weather will use your community's location setting. You can, however, specify an alternate location that's just used for weather on the homepage. This can be found by clicking the same 'Modify settings' button on the homepage.
There are a few reasons why you might use this:
- The weather does not load for your community's location. If this occurs, you can try using a nearby city for your weather data.
- Your location's weather is consistently inaccurate. If you believe this is happening, you may want to try a nearby city with a different weather station.
- You've used a broad identifier for your community's city, which is resulting in missing or inaccurate weather. For instance, some communities will specify their location as "Northwest Houston, TX" instead of the actual city or suburb they are located in. This may cause our weather provider to load the wrong area's weather, or may result in no weather being loaded at all. You could then use the alternate location to specify the exact city your community is located in.